Cordis Guidewires are intended for use in the percutaneous introduction of catheters.
Do not reuse. Discard after one procedure. Structural integrity and/or function may be impaired through reuse or cleaning. All parts are extremely difficult to clean after exposure to biological materials and may cause adverse patient reactions if reused. Accordingly, Cordis Corporation will not be responsible for any direct, incidental or consequential damages resulting from reuse of the product.
Store in a cool, dark, dry place.
- Do not use if package is open or damaged.
- Use prior to “Use By” date.
- Do not expose to organic solvents.
- Exposure to temperatures above 54°C (130°F) may damage the components.
- Do not withdraw a PTFE coated guidewire through a metal-cannula needle. Withdrawal may damage theguidewire coating.
- If strong resistance is met during manipulation, discontinue the procedure and determine the cause of resistance before proceeding. If the cause of the resistance cannot be determined, withdraw the catheter and guidewire.
Potential Complications/Adverse Events
Procedures requiring percutaneous catheter/guidewire introduction should not be attempted by physicians unfamiliar with the possible complications. Complications may occur at any time during or after the procedure. Possible complications include, but are not limited to:
- air embolism
- hematoma at the puncture site
- perforation of the vessel wall.