The CSI is indicated for use in arterial and venous procedures requiring percutaneous introduction of intravascular devices
For one use only. Do not resterilize or reuse. Structural integrity and/or function may be impaired through cleaning, resterilization or reuse and may cause adverse patient reactions. Accordingly, Cordis will not be responsible for any direct or consequential damages or expenses resulting from reuse of the CSI.
Do not use with Ethiodol* or Lipiodol contrast media, or other such contrast media, which incorporate the components of these agents.
Do not leave a CSI in place for extended periods of time without a catheter or an obturator to support the cannula wall.
- Store in a dry, dark, cool place.
- Do not use if package is open or damaged.
- Note “Use Before” or “Use By” date prior to using product.
- Do not resterilize. Exposure to temperatures above 54°C (130°F) may damage the catheter sheath and components.
- Do not expose to organic solvents, e.g. alcohol.
- If increased resistance is felt upon insertion of the CSI, investigate the cause before continuing. If the cause of the resistance cannot be determined and corrected, discontinue the procedure and withdraw the CSI.