First Nitinol Stent in the U.S. Indicated for Primary Stenting of Common and External Iliac Arteries, Stenting of Superficial Artery (SFA) and Proximal Popliteal Artery (PPA)
S.M.A.R.T.® Vascular Stent Systems Clinical Outcomes in the SFA1
|1 year||2 years|
|Freedom from target lesion revascularization (TLR)||87.6%||80.3%|
|Primary patency rate||81.7%2||74.9%2|
|Fracture rate||2.0% (least severe Type I only)||No additional fractures between year 1 and 2|
S.M.A.R.T.® Vascular Stent Systems Patient Outcomes in the SFA1
|1 year||2 years|
|Minimal or no signs of PAD||76.6%3||81.8%3|
- 1From STROLL Trial Results, Data on File, Cordis Corporation
- 2Defined as no significant reduction in flow detectable by duplex ultrasound and no further clinically driven TLR
- 3Defined as Rutherford Becker classification 0 or 1
S.M.A.R.T.® Vascular Stent Systems Outcomes in the Iliacs*
- 95% primary patency, 12 months
- 7% Adverse Event rate, 9 months+
- 3.5% binary restenosis, 9 months
S.M.A.R.T.® Vascular Stent Systems Deliver Notable Patient Results in the Iliacs*
- 30% improvement in ABI
- Patients Can Walk With Less Pain**
- 58% Improvement in Walking Questionnaire Score
- Observed Improvement in Walking Distance
S.M.A.R.T.® Vascular Stent Systems – Design is Key
Smaller cell size and uniform coverage can prevent vessel prolapsed.
Greater stability minimizes stretching at deployment, thereby increasing placement accuracy.
The stent’s ability to resist compression maintains luminal gain.
Unique 36 Strut/6 Bridge Construction
6 alternating bridges
Each ring is connected by 6 bridges for greater longitudinal stability.
Each circumferential ring contains 36 struts, providing radial force and scaffolding.
Offset peak-to-valley design
The offset design provides smooth lumen and stent contourability without strut overlapping or fish scaling.
Segmented micromesh geometry
The unique micromesh design allows for consistent radial force, uniform scaffolding, and small cell size.
To place an order for a Cordis product please visit the
JOHNSON & JOHNSON GATEWAY® Commerce Web site at http://www.commerce.jnjgateway.com.
- *From CRISP Trial Results, 12 month follow-up
- **Based on Rutherford-Becker Scale classification pre-procedure versus 9-month follow-up
- +Composite of binary restenosis, death at 30 days and TVR